We are excited to welcome you back to Canterbury for the Summer of 2021! Our summer operations will be more like a normal season; however, we appreciate your flexibility and understanding as our rules and operating procedures are subject to reevaluation at any time at the discretion of the Board or to adhere with guidance and mandates put forth by the CDC, the VDH, and the Governor of Virginia.
Standard Pool Hours as of June 21, 2021
(Check home page for weekly holiday, swim meet, or event exceptions)
Monday: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Swim Team Practice: Now that school is out, the main swim team practice is early morning before the pool opens. There will also be a supplemental afternoon practice on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. that will only use two lanes of the pool. During those times, swim team will use the two lanes closest to the diving well and the remainder of the pool will be open.
- By entering CRA’s facilities, you attest that you are free of all COVID-19 symptoms agree to abide by CRA rules.
- Desk and snack bar staff will be masked when interacting with members. Members may wear masks when entering/exiting, on the deck, and in the bathrooms if they wish, but it is not required. Masks may not be worn in the pool.
- Please be courteous and maintain distance from members not in your household unless mutually agreed to. Distancing must be observed in the lines for the diving board, the slide, and the snack bar.
- There will be no scheduled cleaning breaks this year. We will have cleaning supplies on hand if you wish to wipe down a table or chair. Our normal end-of-day cleaning procedures will be in place.
- While small pool toys and soft, sponge-like balls will be allowed, we remind you of our rules that pool toys and balls may not be thrown across the pool or deck, and may not be thrown during adult swim. Floats and rafts are not allowed. Please make sure that children understand these rules, which are for the safety and enjoyment of all our members.
- During the hours with restricted capacity that require reservation, there are two swim lanes that can be reserved. The rest of the pool is open to those signing up for the restricted capacity time slot. Please do not sign up for these restricted times unless you indicated that as your preference on the survey or truly need these restrictions for health reasons. The usage of these time slots will be monitored and reevaluated periodically.
- During unrestricted open swim, the lap lane will remain available to lap swimmers on a first-come first-served basis. It is standard procedure for two people to be able to swim laps in the single lane at the same time, starting at opposite ends and swimming in opposite directions.
- Adult swim (last fifteen minutes of each hour) will be in effect for both unrestricted and restricted swim periods. Since there is no cleaning break between time slots this year, please be ready to leave promptly at the top of the hour if it is a transition between time periods.